Toward the end of our Robotics 2 study, Pontus and I addressed a lot of the lingering issues. Details in the full post.
Video in the full article.
Here are some pictures we took during the building stages. Probably the most difficult part mentally that went into building the scaffolding for the robot was determining which materials were viable in the environment around us.
Over the past few days we've been fiddling with a proper way to efficently build the robot. Our goal going into this project has been to maintain functionality while keeping the robot as simple as possible.
We continue instructions for the first-time setup, configuring the system, and installing needed programs.
This post describes how we liberated ourselves from the display and keyboard and got a reliable way to connect via ssh. When you start this process, you should still have the RPi connected to a display and keyboard.
Here, we describe the long process we went through to get the RPi connected to a WiFi network. Throughout this process, we ended up trying different USB adapters, WiFi drivers, firmware versions, network managers, Linux distros, kernel versions, and system boot processes. Needless to say, we learned a lot.
Welcome to our blog! This first post just describes the first stage of the rpar project. For a description of the project as a whole and its goals, please click the "project" link above. We decided to make this a few weeks after we started as a way to document what we were doing, so the first few posts (including this one) will actually be talking about things we've already done a while ago.